That travel muscle memory
Getting ready for a flight
We fly out Thursday. It's been years since I boarded a plane. Looking back it seemed I was doing it at least once a year.
Some old reflexive muscle memory has been kicking in this weekend:
- Music downloaded to the phone
- Podcasts downloaded to the phone too
- Books downloaded to Kindle
- Making sure I have at least 2 charging cords (new ones since swapping to an iPhone)
- Slip-on shoes to wear at the airport, with boots packed in the checked luggage
- Dopp kit re-supplied
- Medication portioned out
But now with the pandemic we have to navigate new documentation, masks, and COVID-19 tests.
I am dreading this trip.