NOM - Eggplant Curry Rice
Easy and delicious Japanese dish
I very rarely make anything from YouTube videos but this looked great, and I had most of the ingredients, so why not?
It was so good, both Josh and I had it two days in a row. You can watch (and follow) RunnyRunny999's video on YouTube.
Eggplant Curry Rice
- 350g eggplant (aubergine)
- 2tbs oil
- 350g, or 1 large, onion
- 120g ground beef
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 5g bullion stock cube
- 50g curry roux (3 blocks)
Takes , serves four people.
- Cube eggplant and soak in water for 5 minutes to remove bitterness
- Slice onion
- Heat oil and add onion. Stir-fry until soft
- Add beef and heat until almost cooked through
- Add eggplant and fry for 3-4 minutes
- Add tomato juice, water, and simmer for 10 minutes
- Skim foam to remove bitterness while simmering
- Add stock cube. Once dissolved, add curry roux
- Wait 5 minutes, stir, then serve with rice
As with most curry its flavour only improved overnight in the fridge.