Emily’s presentation covered a lot of items I use on a regular basis; POSH, Microformats, Microdata, and ARIA. Also, anyone who uses a ‘This Is Spinal Tap" video clip and ‘Firefly’ references is good in my book.
If you don’t take the time to learn, you’re not doing your job.
- Use POSH (Plain Old Semantic HTML)
- <main> is now part of HTML5
- Microdata is made up by itemtype & itemproperty
- Microdata has a “lot of bloat” compared to microformats
- Microdata and microformats can be used together and it won’t break anything; Rich Snippets consumes both.
- ARIA not needed for some of the HTML5 elements such as <main>
Makes no sense to throw frosting on crap
Emily has made all of the links she listed available at http://emilylewisdesign.com/RustbeltRefresh/.